Smoking and the subtle details
- Smoked food appearance is an interaction between smoke and water vapor. For a more intense smoked appearance with your meat and sausage products, increase the humidity in the smoking chamber.
- If the smoked aroma is too pronounced, increase the humidity and shorten the smoking time.
- For less smoked color, and more intense smoked aroma, decrease the humidity in the smoking chamber.
- If smoke spots appear on sausage products, extend the drying phase.
- Increased humidity in the smoking chamber leads to decreased smoked aroma.
- Decreased humidity in the smoking chamber leads to less color.
- If the temperature increases in the smoking device, the air intake must be decreased.
- If there are wooden fibers in the smoking chips, position these and then burn off the smoke that is already in the smoking device. More smoking chips will be required.
- Long splinters in the meat smoking wood chips can lead to burnout in the smoking device.